Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Paul Pierce Remaining Optimistic

(Photo by Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images)
Like the Nets, Paul Pierce is not having the smoothest of beginnings to this season. Before going down with a broken bone in his right hand on December 2, 12.4 points per game on 37% shooting, both career lows. However, those struggles have not broken the forward’s optimism about the future of the team.

“I don’t know if I can put [my frustration] at a level,” Pierce told ESPN New York’s Mike Mazzeo. “You don’t like to lose. You don’t like to be injured. But that’s what I think makes me the player that I am. I don’t get down. I don’t go home and sulk. I just try to see what I can do to help this team get better. I just try to stay positive no matter what the situation is. That’s all I can do, that’s all I’ve ever done.”

These are strong words from Pierce, who was brought in along with Kevin Garnett this June to not only provide an upgrade in talent, but also to be vocal leaders for a team that sorely lacked one last year. The trade has not been the greatest for the last-place Nets, with the two former Celtics having arguably the worst years of their Hall of Fame careers. However, Pierce thinks they can turn it around, and with both Pierce and point guard Deron Williams back tonight, things seem to be looking up for the Nets. If this team is to turn it around, however, Pierce will need to greatly raise his level of play, whether it’s in the starting lineup or off the bench.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous to others when discussing your opinions. Swearing will not be tolerated.

 
Site Meter