Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mark Jackson Supports Jason Kidd's Decision to Drop Frank

The demotion of Lawrence Frank brought mixed emotions among the fan base. Some liked that Kidd was displaying authority. Some disliked that Kidd was displaying too much authority. But amongst it all, the general consensus was, why would you demote someone you pleaded to be hired?

For Kidd, there's one vocal supporter to his cause, and he's not just a mere fan.
“To me, I think too much was made of it. I think it’s clownish,” Mark Jackson said Wednesday before his Warriors, riding a 10-game winning streak, faced the Nets at the Barclays Center. “There’s no difference of opinions with my staff and I. They give suggestions. Some I go with. Some I don’t. But at the end of the day it’s my decision and we are united in whichever way we decide to go. If you have a problem with that, you should not be my assistant coach. That’s the way I feel about it. 
“I’m not saying that happened here but wherever it happens, it shouldn’t take place. So just disappointed in the way it was handled and how much credit is given to a head coach and how much fault is given. It’s a no-lose situation if I get credit when we win. But when we lose, Jason can’t coach a lick. He’s a Hall of Fame basketball player. He’s an All-time great. He’s going to be a heck of a basketball coach.”
via Stefan Bondy of the NY Daily News

Remember that Lawrence Frank was demoted to doing "daily reports" due to philosophical differences in opinion between the two. There's speculation that Lawrence Frank is looking to buyout his contract.

Jason Kidd claimed that Mark Jackson was his "role model".

Whether or not the decision was the right one will take some time to determine. The Nets played well briefly after the demotion but then regressed again. They've started 2014 with a great start and hopefully it continues.


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous to others when discussing your opinions. Swearing will not be tolerated.

 
Site Meter