Saturday, April 20, 2013

Brook Lopez, "One of the True Centers in the Game"


Brook Lopez has to be the most charismatic player on the Nets. He has the most compelling interviews and there is always some type of humor involved. Shawn Donnelly from Made Man sat down with Lopez and talked about everything from the transition from New Jersey, and his favorite basketball movie which is Teen Wolf. I would have gone with He Got Game but there's nothing wrong with a little comedy. Here is the interview.
MADE MAN: Your Nets are back in the playoffs for the first time in six years. What’s the biggest difference between playing in New Jersey and playing in Brooklyn?
BROOK LOPEZ: Obviously they’re very close in proximity. But it’s crazy, it’s about as far as you can get, really, going from East Rutherford to Brooklyn. Playing in that borough, it’s a completely different atmosphere. We’ve really had our fan base grow a ton, we see guys out there wearing Brooklyn Nets gear, coming up to us and talking about basketball. And on the flip side, they expect a lot from us. And we’re working to live up to expectations.
MM: What’s your favorite pregame song to get you hyped up?
BL: I used to always listen to Michael Jackson’s “Speed Demon” before every game. It’s my favorite Mike song, probably my favorite song ever. I enjoy it. It’s a fast song, gets me going.
MM: You’re one of the few current NBA big men who can score in the low post. Do you feel like you’re an endangered species?
BL: Ha ha. I don’t know if I am or not, but I do pride myself on being a center. Some guys don’t like to be called “center” because they think it’s limiting or whatnot, but I’m very proud of being one of the true centers in the game.
MM: Do you think you’re the best big man in the league?
BL: I don’t know about that. I think I’m one of the best, definitely.
MM: What would be your NBA all-style team?
BL: Let’s see. Probably both D-Will and Joe (Johnson) from my team, no question. Keyon Dooling I have to throw in there. Keyon’s my guy. I think he dresses fabulously. I like James Harden’s stuff. It’s a little offbeat, I like it a lot. And then probably I’d say D-Wade. He’s classy too.
MM: Wilt Chamberlain is known for bedding 10,000 women. What current NBA player has the best chance of breaking that record?
BL: Oh, I don’t know. I’m going to go with my guy, Hump. Kris Humphries. I think he’d take that as a compliment.
Read the rest here

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous to others when discussing your opinions. Swearing will not be tolerated.

 
Site Meter