Thursday, February 14, 2013

Status of Derrick Rose


The NBA has not been the same since Derrick Rose  tore his ACL. Rose is like an new version of Allen Iverson mixed with a little of LeBron James from his Cavalier days. He has figured out a way to combine gymnastics and ballet while displaying this new found talent on the basketball court. Rose, along with Russell Westbrook, will be the players responsible for the evolution of point guards. Westbrook is doing his part but the NBA needs Rose to help fill that missing void. This is why Rose needs to come back when he is ready.

The Chicago Bulls are doing fine without him. They are currently the fifth seed in the Eastern Conference and Tom Thibodeau will most likely win another Coach of The Year award. Everybody knows that they can't win a championship without Rose but it is better to be safe than sorry. Derrick Rose took the time to talk with USA Today and ESPN regarding his eventual return.
Ballet/Gymnastics
"I'm not coming back until I'm 110%. Who knows when that can be? It can be within a couple of weeks. It could be next year. It could be any day. It could be any time. It's just that I'm not coming back until I'm ready."
Current Status:
"Right now, probably in the high 80s," he said. "Far away. Far away... I can't dunk, man. I know if I can dunk off stride, I know I'll be out there playing, but I can't."

"(I'm) slowly getting back in the mix. The other day we played the 3-on-3, one-on-one, and I felt good out there. I'm not trying to rush myself, just still trying to be patient and just trying to take my rehab very serious right now."
Rose also thinks he will be much better player when he returns.
"I know it's going to be something good. With all this hard work I've been putting into my game, I'm doing stuff I never did before. I gained 10, 11 pounds of muscle. I don't know what type of player I'm going to be. I just know that I'm going to be very good."

"I'm working on my shot but you're not going to label me as a shooter. "I'm going to be someone that can consistently hit a jump shot, but my game is always going to be driving."
NFL MVP Adrian Peterson suffered the same type of injury and came back surprising everyone by leading his team to the playoffs. Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks also tore his ACL but he has returned. It will be very scary and interesting to see Rose. We saw his work ethic in his MVP season, improving his jump-shot and vision. It may be unfair to expect anything greater than that season but the anticipation is rising higher than his vertical. I would like Rose to come back next year. He will be 100% by then and the Bulls will be a much better team. But if he is healthy by the playoffs, watch out.

Read more Here:
ESPN
USA Today

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous to others when discussing your opinions. Swearing will not be tolerated.

 
Site Meter