Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chandler Finds Shaq's Rankings "Comical"

By now almost everyone has heard the opinions of the great Shaquille O'Neal who insulted Dwight by saying Lopez and Bynum were the top two centers in the league, hopefully with no disrespect to the mentioned players. Possibly feeling left out, Tyson Chandler of the New York Knicks decided to give his two cents.
"I was watching 'SportsCenter' this morning, eating breakfast in the team lounge, and I was laughing at the whole thing," Chandler said. "I honestly think it's comical. I don't care about rankings... That's one individual's point of view. I know where I'm at. I know what my value is. And I know better I have to continue to get better."
Considering the circumstances, one would agree with the statement made and move on, but Moke Hamilton of SNYNets.com decided to dig a little deep into it. Could Chandler be possibly taking a shot at Lopez? Is he saying he doesn't care about rankings purely because he was not mentioned?

To us, it was a statement without any intentional foul. Most, if not all, fans feel that the statement made by Shaq was made in spite and should not be taken seriously. Dwight when healthy is clearly the most dominant big man in the game given his athleticism. Chandler was just asked about it and gave his opinion, he found his comical. He says he knows where he stands, how he's valued, and that he still needs to get better.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous to others when discussing your opinions. Swearing will not be tolerated.

 
Site Meter